Review Detail

5.1 8 10
(Updated: September 10, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by TMBTM — March 26, 2009 @ 10:46 pm

Some technical problems indeed, but still watchable.
This is the first truefanedit of ROTS that I’ve seen and found it quite good.
In the first 40 minutes we now see that Anakin’s mind is already quite twisted by Palapatine. He is already almost a dark character. Which makes his later complete turn to the dark side much more believable.

Speaking of Anakin/Padme love story: less scenes between them, the better. I mean, the purpose of their love story in this episode is that more and more things separate them. So it makes sens to me to cut most of their long scenes.

The opening sequence in Grievous battleship could have been even shorter IMO, but the political plot start very fast after that and is quite interesting and well executed. The reorganization of the scenes really brings some new blood to the movie.

The deleted scenes are very well edited. While they loose a bit the audience about the time that passed (is it the morning, the evening, the next day? etc…) I think it’s a good thing. It shows that the events don’t happens all in a couple of days and also helps to make Anakin’s fall believable. It’s not “Hello I’m the good guy” immediately followed by “now I am the bad guy” anymore. It takes time.
There are plenty of nice smart cuts here and there, and also new voices from time to time, music added etc… so it’s not just changing the order of big scenes.

There are still buzz droids, Palpatine and Yoda jumping everywhere etc… But this edit focused more on the plot than the annoying details.

Maybe a version 2.0 of this edit with less annoying details, a shorter opening act and no more technical problem would be my personal fav.

7/10 for it was a very refreshing and nice way to rediscover this movie.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments