FanFix April 28, 2022 4018
(Updated: May 08, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I have watched numerous ROTS edits over the years Stankpac, L8WRTR and Q2's being my go to versions, however, not one of those have fully connected with me - a combination of all those mentioned edits plus the new FX of Hal9000's would be the pièce de résistance....and well we almost had it with Dominic Cobb's ROTS. Of course i am watching the edit subjectively.
This edit really kicks in from the moment Padme announces her pregnancy. There are subtle moments before this scene like the banter between Obi Wan and Anakin and the decapitation of Dooku that are top notch but you still can't get beyond the hammy acting and bad dialogue in some of those early scenes and this is something no faneditor can fix.
What really is the triumph of this edit is the gradual turn of Anakin...its just more believable..the darkness slowly burns inside of him over a longer period of time and you know you are on to a winning formula when you (the viewer) find yourself so engrossed in Anakin's turmoil . My main bugbear of the theatrical is the almost instant turn towards the dark (I personally would have had Anakin gradually toying with the concept of turning back in Episode 2 and have his dreams and paranoia tormenting him over a couple of films but hey lets not go into that here)
The new grade and musical cues are spot on and are not even something that entered my mind in my imaginary perfect ROTS edit. Let's call them an added bonus
Personally i would trim a few instances of dialogue and would also insert the Other Boleyn Girl scene back into the fold as i am an OT kid and Padme doesn't die in my world but other than that this is the gold medal winner of ROTS edits. Now i'm off to scrounge a higher GB file off Dom (If he has one) so i can watch this sucker on my projector.
Owner's reply May 07, 2022

Thanks for the kind words. Just the 10gb file (11.20 Mbit/s) at the moment but there will be other options down the road, so keep a lookout. Glad you enjoyed it!

L
Top 500 Reviewer 15 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments