Review Detail

7.5 16 10
FanFix August 12, 2012 3777
(Updated: September 12, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by TMBTM — January 22, 2010 @ 3:41 pm

When I saw the 77 minutes lenght I knew this edit will be a kind of “straight to the point” edit and a way to rid off most of the usual things that annoy people in this movie.
I think that goal is almost achieved, minus few personnal thougths:

- The new music in the motorcycle chase is great, but it sounds like the voices of the russians have been redubed or something (?)

- When Mac says to Indy “about Berlin” we did not see the previous scene where he talked about it, so I found this a bit odd.

- There are are still two shots of gophers left – I personaly don’t mind the gophers a lot (just reporting it)

- The new “careful, you might get exactely what you’re looking for” edit, I think I understand what’s Jorge wanted to do here:

Make an Indiana Jones movies where the main vilain don’t get the usual fate. I think it kind of works, despite the cheesiness, because of the short lenght of the edit, and the comic book style of the artwork, and so it don’t really try to be a real fourth installement of the franchise IMO, but more an aternative way to watch this movie.
I’m not sure it will work on everybody though.

On a more positive side the movie looks less “family friendly” and the fat has been trimmed. Less “smile for nothing” shots, less useless silly actions sequences, the story goes fast, etc. Good work on those. Menus are great, trailers and bonus also. Good idea to put the Movie Saloon podcast as an audio option.(in the trailer page)

All in all, I wanted more (yes, I’m a greedy bastard!). but I’m still thankful to Jorge for giving us an Indy4 edit after all this time. I would rate the original 7/10, yes, I’m not an absolute hater of the original, I kind of spent a good time the first time I saw it on the theater. It’s just that, like Jorge’s edit, I wanted more from an Indiana Jones movie. So I rate “Raiders of the Kristal Skull” 7/10 also.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments