pulpfiction_chrono_front.jpg
FanMix August 17, 2016 9356
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Pulp Fiction: The Chronological Edit is one that I watched out of curiosity. I think every Tarantino fan has pondered at one time or another what his movies would be like if they followed a linear timeline, and this was a good way to see that "what if" played out. Does it beat the original? No, and the editor has admitted this. Is it worth it? Yes!

The most interesting aspect of this edit is that the focus is on Butch instead of Jules. So if your favorite story of the three was The Gold Watch, I think you'll love this edit! Personally, I'm the opposite. The Gold Watch is my least favorite of the three, but not because it's bad. I just like the other two stories better. Speaking of which, The Bonnie Situation is placed at the beginning of the film instead of the end. That alone is why the original is the more ingenious version of the film.

My criticisms aside, nobody is watching this edit because they're expecting an improvement. This edit is one you watch out of interest than on whether it's an improvement. I was interested, and I stayed interested all the way to the credits. I don't expect to see it again, but I'm glad I saw it, and I have a newfound appreciation for all things Tarantino as a result of watching this. If you're a fan of Pulp Fiction like me, I see little reason to skip this one. Check it out when you have nothing else to do for two and a half hours!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments