9.1 65 10
FanMix May 04, 2013 13732
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Just watched it. I actually applauded at the end of Battle Royale. I applauded. In my own lounge. On my own. Yes, it was that good.
Nit-picks: The animated scene was a stretch, and then the call back to the cave in the Battle Royale didn't work (seemed pretty random). Probably would have been better to segue the animation into the entrance of Vader in the Cave. Or use the footage of Anakin vs ObiWan, instead of the animation?
I also found the immersion was ruined by leaving in the Star Wars music cues with the mynoks (or whatever they're called) in the Space Worm. It pulled me out of the Tarantino experience.

Genius to use Empire, by far the strongest film, and genius to use the flashbacks etc., character intros, oh man, this was creative brilliance. Up there with War of the Stars.
:applause!:

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply July 29, 2014

Thank you for the great review dangermouse! I'm going to have to go back and check that Mynock section now, I was pretty sure I had removed all the original music cues, but perhaps I missed one! As for the animation, my intention was to imply Luke was having a vision of his father at a crucial moment when he started to use the dark side. The flashback during the final battle was intended as another vision, this time showing Luke inside the helmet, suggesting he is closer than ever to following his father's path if he is not careful. But regardless, I'm really pleased you enjoyed many of the choices made and had a good time watching :)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments