9.2 46 10
FanFix May 25, 2013 23267
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Well, this is my first experience of a fan edit, although i had heard of the SW edits in the past. So i stumbled back into this world and this edit really caught my eye, primarily because i love Prometheus. It also interested me as i have read so much about the seemingly wasted potential of the current cut based on a changed script and the extras contained on the bluray etc.

Ok, long story short, i thought this edit was excellent. The narrative was much improved, with the TED sequence adding weight to why Guy Pearce is wearing 'old man' makeup later in the film (never really explained in the original cut). I felt that integration of the deleted scenes added much to the characters, providing the watcher with more information about their past which underlined their motivations and the decisions they were making in the present.

I'm not going to be critical of this release as frankly it was an almost flawless reconstruction of the original film. The quality of the edited soundtrack was occasionally harsh and over bearing and i had to re calibrate my display as the edit was over brightened compared to the original bluray. To be honest i feel guilty about the last 2 points as i'm over zealous on the pursuit of home cinema perfection so its just me being silly no doubt.

Anyway too long a review frankly but i was so totally blown away by the choices made by Agent 9, the quality of his work (which was nigh on flawless) and the improvement he made to a film i already love, that i registered just to provide my review and genuine thanks for his hard work :)

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Blu-Ray
F
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments