FanFix May 25, 2013 23518
(Updated: January 06, 2014)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I have just watched this Agent 9's fan edit of Prometheus. To begin with, let me say that Prometheus is a very bad movie, and nothing seems to change this fact. I thought maybe a new edit could have saved it, but it is still what it is, and Prometheus basic concepts are embarrassingly ridiculous.

With that said, I'll leave my thoughts about the movie, and continue with the actual edit. This version is a feat in itself , and manages to rescue many of the very worst parts. By cutting away a lot of unnecessary and - above all - silly parts, the film is worth seeing, without compromising on quality. Speaking of quality, it is topnotch and I did not notice any new edits or other adjustments.

(Be warned, possible spoilers ahead:)

Agent 9 has chosen to remove several parts that are terribly bad, such as the exploding head, Fifields ridiculous howl and the scene where Vickers and Janek decides to leave the control bridge to have some private time. This last mentioned change does however lead to a logical gap: if Janek would not have left the control bridge, he would reasonably noted that Fifield and Milburn were in trouble. Which of course might have lead to another chain of events. However, I prefer this change, it makes Janek much more credible and captain-like.

I am not sure that the color corrections were necessary, but since I did not notice them, I guess they were well considered.

I liked all added scenes, they give the movie more depth.

What I did not like:

As for the sound, I noticed that the applause at the opening scene sounds rattling, like sound with low quality.

Im have not compared, but I suspect that some scenes where cut, when Prometheus is entering the alien planet. I wish that some of these were kept, because they add lot of atmosphere, and are a beautiful and almost poetic part of the movie.

Other than that, I believe that Agent 9 done an excellent job and would highly recommend this version before the theatrical version.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
February 05, 2014
This last mentioned change does however lead to a logical gap: if Janek would not have left the control bridge, he would reasonably noted that Fifield and Milburn were in trouble. Which of course might have lead to another chain of events.

You know, I feared as much but then I realized there is a bit that I think saves the edit from that logical gap. When Janek calls Shaw to tell her that Fifield and Millburn are missing, he says the last time he heard them they were near the area where they had found that head. Which means that probably instead of "going with Vickers" he left the bridge anyway.
K
koranis
1 results - showing 1 - 1