(Updated: August 21, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Prometheus - Agent 9 edit

I enjoyed the theatrical release of this film. Critics or fanboys who complained, I shrugged at.
What did they expect? Scott has always been a loose director, permitting plot gaps and unanswered questions. I have no doubt that in ten years, Prometheus will be regarded as a Sci Fi classic.
What Agent 9 preformed was an outstanding overhaul.
He threw the yoke of structure onto the film and straightened the narrative. Taut, focused.
Everything he added, I enjoyed. Everything tossed ... well ... (SPOILER) ... I missed the opening Engineer sequence. Mainly because it was so visually arresting. To be honest, however, while cool looking it seemed disconnected from what followed. More parable than plot point. I warmed to the Weyland speech.
Other trims were fine, especially the two button heads who, as screened, seemed little more than comic Jar Jars.
I cannot stress how amazing the visual work was. Demo clinic time.
Sorry, quibbles.
The audio was two channel stereo. Visuals were spectacular, but the audio was two channel stereo. I mean, really?
The mp4 version was one long chapter. Like Prince’s “Lovesexy” or Lynch’s Mulholland Drive. One chapter. Please, more breaks next time.
Anyway, this is one helluva an edit, and I look forward to A9 repairing Prometheus 2 ...
.Update 2021
....….Only that never happened. Agent9 either lost passion for the hobby, or tired of the scuffles, or something else.
By and large, fanediting is a thankless endeavor. Many beg to view, few say thank you. That’s life.
As far as Prometheus 2, such a colossal fail.

Subs = Most of the subs for Agent 9’s edit are machine translated VonSubs. I fixed most timing errors and corrected OCR mangled words. Again, this srt is for Agent 9’s edit.
https://subscene.com/subtitles/prometheus-special-edition/english/2558041

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments