Review Detail

9.0 27 10
TV-to-Movie July 07, 2012 4595
Enjoyment

March 27, 2009 @ 12:45 pm

I think shortening it down to movie length is actually better for suspension of disbelief, as you don’t really have time to question as many of these plausibilty issues. It is a little unbelievable of course, but face it, a network TV show is never going to be able to accurately depict prison life. If you’re looking for that kind of program, I recommend Oz. But if your looking for fast paced escapism, you could do much worse than Boon’s edit.

I got into it pretty quickly, the opening is a real grabber, and it was very well paced after that. Overall, an enjoyable “B” -type popcorn movie. Not an Oscar winner by any means, but way better than the average Michael Bay film for sure. This one is a good Saturday or Sunday afternoon watch.

Kudos to Boon for cutting this down to movie length without leaving any major points of the story out. After watching some of the original eps, I am duly impressed by this effort. Really quite the editing feat, especially considering the removal of the titles, etc. Also of note are the DVD menus, splendidly done. Studio quality there.

So overall, a fun watch, if you’re not to fussy about the details of such a plan actually working. Although it did strain credulity on a few occasions, I was pretty entertained.
J
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments