postmansparkalt_front
FanFix February 03, 2023 1488
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

An all-around solid improvement to the original, and the two hour runtime is perfect.

I loved the literal "spark of hope" from the lighter in the Postman's first scene. Perfect foreshadowing, and a perfect microcosm of the entire story in this one moment.

I noticed a few small issues during my viewing:

There's some oddness with the audio at 35:00. Some music bleed (I think), and the sound of the horses feels misplaced, like it's panned too far to the rear. It was enough to bring me out of the movie, so I've graded audio an 8. Additionally, there are some missing sound effects at 1:22:53 (gunshots).

There's a tiny continuity error at 1:35:45. We see Clark remove his hat twice (once in the background, and again in the foreground). It's possible most folks won't notice this, so I feel bad pointing it out, but maybe it's an easy fix.

I've graded the video quality 9 instead of 10 because the background during the opening text was quite blocky, and didn't feel right for such a large file. The rest of the movie was perfect.

Overall, I enjoyed it! It really didn't feel like anything was missing, which is impressive considering the huge reduction in runtime.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply March 19, 2023

Thank you Futon88. I'll check out the problems you mentioned.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments