paranoia_front
FanMix August 28, 2022 3846
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I could not recall what wasn't there, beyond the segment on the Creator and the segment which recaps the history of The Truman Show, but I don't think that accounts for the missing 30 min.

The narrative isn't changed at all, so it's essentially still the same story.

The visual change with the Hitchcock themes is great, and the audio is appropriate for invoking Hitchcock; the new, Hitchcock-style B&W opening is perfectly executed, and there were no noticeable problems in the edits, EXCEPT for the moment when Truman is driving his wife for a few loops on the roundabout, there's a moment where he is shown speaking but the music is playing over that whole moment, so it's a very apparent and odd situation where the protagonist is speaking to a side character, but the music has shut that out. A little bit of a problem. Otherwise, I like this presentation, it's a great idea and it works, and nothing is left unexplained or plot-holed, the shortening by 30 min. is nice.

Anyone interested in fanedits at all should definitely see this, a terrific idea well executed, and creators can take inspiration as to what boundaries they can stretch their editing concepts.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments