FanMix September 13, 2017 17535
(Updated: April 23, 2020)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I am a huge fan of the two Alien movies but have not cared for another one since.

I had high hopes for Pandora when I watched it in theaters, and while there were definitely things I liked, it just fell flat. I didn't understand some of the mythology, or why it was included in the movie. Some things seemed connected to Alien lore, some didn't. I felt there were a lot of unnecessary scenes, and severe pacing and continuity issues. It was a genuinely frustrating experience.

After Pandora, I almost didn't watch Covenant. When I finally did watch it, I turned it off around the half-way point. Same problems as Pandora and the lore continuity issues were made even worse.

It always irritated me that an IP with such a solid start (the first two movies) was mishandled time, and time again. Thank God for fan editors.

Paradise not only salvaged both films but also creates consistent lore: Paradise -> Alien -> Aliens -> Ripley (another fan edit).

Alien was the first horror movie I was allowed to watch on cable TV as a kid, and it blew my mind. Later, I remember going to the theater intending to see some other movie I don't remember, then seeing Aliens on the marquee. I wasn't old enough to get in, but the alien queen herself couldn't have stopped me. I bought a ticket for some PG movie, and promptly switched theaters. Then did it again the next weekend.
These movies were a part of my childhood, and now I have FINALLY been able to watch more satisfying installments to the franchise.

A huge thank you to the fan editor. It's a damn shame some of these beloved IPs are ruined by studios, but at least they are fixed now.

Highly recommended.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments