FanFix October 19, 2014 6625
(Updated: October 31, 2014)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I skipped Pacific Rim in the theaters, in fact this edit was my first viewing (BD sits unopened in my boxes). I can't comment on how this compares to the theatrical, but by itself it was a pretty kick-ass robots vs monsters blockbuster. While one could cut more, I don't think anything further is really needed. Definitely recommend checking out this cut.

I have a couple nitpicks though. Video quality was really nice, with just a little artifacting at times. There were instances of audio clipping (as noted by an earlier reviewer) and one or two audio transitions that stood out. And now I'm going to get really nitpicky, but the cinema nerd inside couldn't help but feel irked... the opening titles you re-jiggered from the end titles were nice, but out of order. Writers and Producers come after the production crew (effects, costumes, editing, etc.) and right before the Director. Of course, when opening credits are put at the end, they're in backward sequence, and it was obvious to me you just switched the Cast and Director credits and left the rest the way they were. Again, super nerd nitpick, but small details like that stand out to me. Also, speeding up the end credits looked kinda ugly, don't do that.

Regardless of the above, a very enjoyable flick!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments