Review Detail

9.2 4 10
FanMix June 30, 2012 3084
Enjoyment

Reviewed by Gatos on May 19, 2012

So I just finished watching this edit. Overall, job well done! This is the first edit I’ve seen by Mark Moore.

There was a trailer as a bonus feature that was really clever. The edit itself, technically flawless IMO. Audio and Video quality were excellent. I could not tell where any of the cuts were (I guess it helps that its been quite awhile since I’ve seen the theatrical Office Space). I did however remember at least a couple of the scenes that were missing. This edit works great and Mark Moore definitely achieves his goal in regards to the intention of the edit. The only thing you could say was a “plot hole” is when Peter talks to Joanna in the parking lot and says “You don’t work at Chaki’s anymore?” if they had still been dating she probably would have told him that she quit. But that’s an extremely minor detail and just something any viewer with knowledge of the theatrical version would be aware of. The shortened runtime was fine although the movie is fairly short to begin with. I definitely didn’t miss the (“You slept with Lumberg?!” side plot) It’s hard to decide if a fanedit like this would be my replacement version (It’s rare for me to consider a fanedit as my replacement version). So I’m undecided.

I give this an 8/10. And again really great work on the editing especially the flawless audio which I think is the hardest part of fanediting.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments