TV-to-Movie April 05, 2011 20064
(Updated: July 26, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of Twin Peaks, and I've only previously managed to get through the pilot. However, this is a very well made edit. Cutting down 16 hours of content down to 5 hours is very impressive. And despite a lot being cut, the pace is not high. It still feels like a TV series. I mostly followed the plot (as much as is possible when Lynch is directing), although it is convoluted, and I started to lose track of things towards the end. I do believe even more content could have been cut at certain points to further streamline the narrative and place the focus on more essential points (although I respect that this has already been done to a great degree).

Editing-wise, the cuts were superb, the only thing I noticed were occasional quick music fades that are unavoidable when making TV-to-Film edits. I wish that some of the loud background music had been removed when characters were speaking, although this is no fault of the editor. Cutting the footage from 4:3 to 16:9 was a great idea, looked great on the TV. A/V quality was excellent.

In conclusion, this is a high quality edit, but Lynch is still a nutjob. I think fans of the series should definitely give this a watch, but non-fans are unlikely to be converted.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 2

Comments