(Updated: February 19, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

YOU SAVED THIS MOVIE AND BOND!

After that catalclysimically bad SPECTRE, I had high hopes for this final Craig outing as the pandemic pushed the realese date out further and further. However, unlike TOP GUN MAVERICK, where it is clear the makers polished the movie to within an inch of its like and released a superb piec of popcor movie making which you can't help but enjoy, the makers of this 007 movie seem to have bloated it or just left on the shelf.

There is no question that it could have been trimmed by 30 mins, and though this edit does not do that, what it does do is remove som of that bloat, corrects many flawed moments (including the ending) and does so with a deft hand.

I did spot a couple issue which the editor actually immediatly addressed, one of them being solved with a new VFX which he expertly delivered and I did not expect frankly. Unaddressed this would have scored a 9 on visual editing.

The result of these trims as noted previously is that every not only becomes clearer, but it is also more engaging for it.

I still believe this could be tightened further, but i don't much care for the original movie overall I can't penalise the editor for that ...hence my enjoyment is a 10, because I defo enjoyed it as much as I could have. and unlike the original version, I was actually drawn in. That is saying a lot in my book.

For those that enjoyed the original, this is superior.

Highly Recommended!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments