9.4 3 10
FanFix June 28, 2012 4973
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I just finished watching this so here's my review. I want to start off by saying that this is my personal opinion and opinions may vary. No offense is intended.

Menu: We start things off here with an animated menu featuring footage from the film of Jesse turning into Freddy. The Nightmare On Elm Street logo is also on the screen while this footage plays. The menu was nice but the bar which underlines the "Play" button is present right from the start which is kind of distracting since the buttons will fade in. I also found it odd that the "Play" and "Trailer" buttons are at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom like on most DVD's. Underneath the logo for NOES is the word "PART II" which is written in white and appears to be written in the Comic Sans MS font. I find that using this font makes it look rather amateurish. No offense intended.

Score: 3/5

Video: The video quality is consistent throughout the film. The region 1 disc from the box set was used for this so the quality is comparable to it. In case anyone is wondering it's in anamorphic widescreen.

Score: 5/5

Audio: The audio is 2.0 and I'm pretty sure, without digging out my copy, that a 5.1 audio track was present on the region 1 DVD from which this edit was created from so I'm docking 1 point because of this.

Score: 4/5

Editing: The audio and video editing was seamless. I didn't notice any hard cuts, audio dropouts, glitches or any other technical issues.

Custom: Wasn't sure where to put this since technically it didn't fall under any of the other categories so I'm calling this one Custom. This is in regards to the custom credits and the effect shot that was created for the final scene in the film. Once again the Comic Sans MS font is used for the opening credits and "Part II" is added just underneath the Nightmare On Elm Street logo. I liked that custom credits were created for this but I think a better font could have been used, and if I'm not mistaken there's a NOES one floating around. Also since you created custom credits I think you should have probably recreated the logo as well so as not to make it so distracting when "Part II" is shown underneath it.

Custom end credits were also created but I'm left wondering why you chose to have the background be in white and the text be in black. Seems kind of an odd choice. Now regarding the effects shot. A strobing effect shot was used when Freddy's hand comes out of that black chick's chest at the end which I liked but then the shot changes to one from the outside as we see the bus drive off and the remaining of the scene, which is only a few seconds, is shown in negative color. Again, an odd choice.

Score: 2/5

Entertainment: The second film in the NOES franchise is one of the least liked films in the series but personally I love it. I was kind of hesitant about this edit at first because of the drastic amount of cutting but being a NOES edit, and myself being a huge NOES fan, I wanted to give it a shot anyways. I can honestly say that I loved it. There is quite a bit that was cut but I find that this works out for the best as it shows Jesse's descent into madness at a much faster pace. Most of the film's homosexual undertones are also removed. The only scene I kind of missed was Coach Schneider's death scene but you couldn't really leave that scene in since the rest of his scenes were removed.

F
Top 500 Reviewer 17 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments