Review Detail

9.2 24 10
Extended Edition July 04, 2012 9432
(Updated: September 05, 2012)
Enjoyment

January 27, 2010 @ 10:44 am

When I saw that ANOES had gotten to Fanedit treatment, I had to see it. Being a major fan, but only through the VHS viewings (I wasn’t born in the 80s) could I enjoy the series, so much so that I have purposely purchased the First Elm Street movie in DVD Twice (Infinifilm and the Collection Series) but have only known so much, as well as seen so much of the movie.

With this release, It was fantastic getting to see how well the movie could be, edited to make it a scarier movie. Typically with movies you watch over and over, you can almost laugh at unfunny parts, quote it, ETC, but this time, There was only so little I could quote, and so much I actually felt a bit scared by. Yes, this movie I adore did something that hasn’t happen since I first viewed it: It scared me. No longer is it a laughable entry complete with the lackluster ending and silly dialogue; Now it makes Freddy a monster, a true villain, and with the ending not ensuring a sequel, I say a the villain for his horrible acts (as the addition of some new scenes make this monster more of an abomination with the purpose that he was just an evil man, as opposed to a tortured soul angle like the sequels made him out to be) not hoping for the thought of him killing teenagers again.

The editing is unbelievable. Shots of some scenes that went unused are blended, almost seamlessly into other shots, showing how amazing editing skills can really be. Now the story makes sense, now the deaths are scary (Depp’s death scene made my palms sweat: A first from any movie)

However, the problems I have with the movie aren’t of editing skills, they come from my upset from the screenplay writer, Wes Craven, but nothing I’m thinking of could have really been done.

The movie is amazing, and should be viewed by anyone who fancies themself an Elm Street fan.
S
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments