nightdead_front.jpg
TV-to-Movie June 29, 2014 4791
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I love The Walking Dead and I've seen the first two seasons more than any of the others and just about know them inside out. I have to say, ranger613 has done an excellent job of distilling the core of nearly 900 minutes of TV show into a managable 3 hour chunk of fast paced, suspenseful, zombie slaying entertainment. A lot of character development, sub plots and characters have obviously been sacrificed from the hours of TV show footage in order to tell a very streamlined concise story, but to be honest, as much as I noticed it was gone I didn't actually miss it in the context of the new tale the editor was telling. I liked how much darker Shane's character was in this version and how it kept moving forward at a really brisk pace yet without skipping over story or feeling like it's 3 hours long, it felt well balanced between the character moments and the walker mayhem. I wouldn't take this as a replacement for the original TV show but it makes for an excellent introduction for anyone that's been living under a rock for the last 4 years and hasn't seen TWD, or for the times when I need a flashback to the early days and want a complete story in under 3 hours. This is a very successful project, it works as a standalone film for the uninitiated or a quick fix for a TWD junky like me. I hope ranger613 tackles more seasons as he's proved he can really deliver the goods. I know I'll watch this edit a lot more times in the future and it passed the girlfriend test aswell, she's an even bigger TWD fan than me and she specifically made time to watch it and liked the results very much. Great work.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply July 06, 2014

Hi ghouldetail, thank you for taking the time out to watch and review my edit of the Walking Dead. There is nothing more satisfying than to hear that such a difficult project get good reviews from a true fan of the show. It means a lot to me and I am happy you and your girlfriend enjoyed it. I'm glad you got the feel that this edit could be both an intro for newcomers as well as a worthwhile "revisit" for fans-- I try to do this with all my TV-to-movie edits. To answer your question, yes! I'm waiting for Season 4 to come out so I can do the next film .. "DAWN of the Walking Dead"-- it will cover the entire prison arc. Once again, thank you very much for your time! :)

G
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments