(Updated: April 08, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I loved the edit.

I was not looking for something more Marvel- or Christopher Reeves-style, and if you are, you will not get it here.

What you will get is a masterful integration of MoS and BVS into a coherent and exciting narrative that thunders along and becomes something more than the sum of its parts.

What you will get are smart cuts, sharp focus, and real stakes. I am a Snyder fan but was happy to see a much shorter Krypton sequence, the removal of material that was neither needed (e.g. Superman having the Kryptonian codex) nor useful (e.g. Batman's bizarre reasoning that "if we believe there's a ONE percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty") nor convincing (e.g. Pa Kent's decisions).

Wonder Woman plays a more low-key role for much of the movie, but it works. There is some toning down of Batman's violence and of the collateral damage in Superman's fights which I do not think was strictly necessary -- e.g. Superman did, in fact, kill Zod in the comics, not every movie 100% follows the comics anyway, as Marvel movies' reinvention of Thanos as a well-intentioned environmentalist shows -- but it still works.

It works well. Very, very well. Seriously. This is a brilliant edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments