9.3 30 10
(Updated: July 26, 2020)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

(Warning: Major Spoilers Ahead. Don’t read if you haven’t watched the edit).

This is coming from someone who isn’t a huge fan of MOS but enjoyed both versions of BVS. I give it an A. The editor successfully took pretty two plot heavy movies, and condensed them into one coherent whole. The Battle for Metropolis is much more engaging and exciting here than the overly violent version in the theatrical MOS.

I liked all the characters much more than the original. I like how Superman is hopeful and unsure of himself instead of just broody and dark. His death is also much more emotional since the whole movie is 100% focused on his journey and the hardships he faces.

Batman and Lex Luthor are also a lot more sympathetic in this version, they simply represent the people who think Superman is a threat to the world. The removal of Batman killing made his character much more likable and much easier to root for. The removal of the Africa subplot also made Luthor a much more interesting villain. He’s now presented as a morally grey bad guy with somewhat understandable motivations instead of just being a straight up crazy psychopath.

There were a few minor plot holes but I think the good largely outweighs the bad here, this is definitely my go-to-version when watching the DCEU movies in the future.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments