mos_kryptonian_front.jpg
FanFix January 25, 2015 4772
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I went to see this movie in theaters knowing it had recieved terrible reviews. I didn't care. I was so excited by the trailers, I was ready to give the movie every chance. I loved the Martha and Jonathan dialogue bits. Young clark running around with the cape tied around his neck.
I don't know if I've ever been more disappointed by a movie.
This edit doesn't seem that different from the theatrical release, but at the same time, it flows so much better. The Lois and Clark scenes feel way more cohesive. And as much as I liked Kevin Cosner, the way this edit handles certain events that happen to him is MUCH better. The 14 hour long fight sequence between Zod and Sup is no longer exhausting and boring. I'm not sure how the theatrical version made it boring originally or how this edit managed to make it actually feel interesting and add a sense of danger to the battle, but it did. Apparently multiple subplots were nixed because it seems so much more focused. I wish Snider could see and learn from this because Superman v Batman looks unfixable to me. When he tries to jam so much into a movie it just ends up feeling like a rushed mess. Bravo on this edit of Man of Steel. It actually feels like a Superman movie. I still hate the tone shift going from Lazer Eye Zod to snarky drone-killer Superman but there literally is no way to fix this.
Technicaly I was amazed. Everything seems to flow very smoothly. Usually in edits are a few hard cuts but not noticeable here.
It has been a long time since I saw Man of Steel. And I didn't go into this with high expectations. But this movie is transformed the movie experience for me. It is much more engaging theatrical version. I truly look forward to watching this again.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
C
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments