MOS%20Remastered%20front.JPG
FanFix September 25, 2015 14461
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Watched the movie for about 40 minutes and had to cancel. For me the narrative seemed too rushed and simply not logical, because of the editing. Due to the scene editing I recognized too many bridging errors so that I never really got 'into' the movie.
Also the audio quality seemed to be messed up.

Sorry, I simply can't recommend this edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
No
Format Watched?
Digital
G
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 4

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
October 14, 2015
It's not really a "review" if you don't watch the whole thing. Plus, the editor can't really take your criticism onboard, refute or even improve if you don't take the time to explain what these "bridging errors" are.

Also, I'm interested to know what the issues were with the audio quality being "messed up" was.

I once made a terrible faux pas by giving feedback to a faneditor in this community and he asked me about my setup and I was terribly embarrassed to discover that my new PC had changed my surround sound in the most horrendous way. Fortunately that particular faneditor was kind enough to stop me from eating too much crow.

If you can tell us more about your experience maybe we can learn from it or, dare I say, work out if your set up isn't quite aligned properly.
T
toonloon
October 16, 2015
In reply to an earlier comment

I watched the Movie on TV with topnotch headphones from Beyerdynamics. I guess the sound quality had to suffer due to the implementation of the John Williams score. I experienced the same problems with Agent9's Prometheus Extended Cut.

With bridging errors I meant scenes, where character XY is on location 1 and suddenly out of nowhere has moved to another scene, with no possibility to comprehend it. I experienced many cuts, which weren't simply "fluent". It felt too rushed.
I understand that the goal was to shorten the plot, but in this case recognizable compromises had to made as explained before.
I also disklied the "introduction" of the mature superman, especially when amy adams' caracter appears in the arktis for the first time, because there was simply no introduction of superman as a mature man.
G
gebirgskuchen
October 16, 2015
Narrative seeming rushed - good point, passable
bridging errors - what? the other 11 reviews including mine should suggest that most of these edits work fantastically
audio quality messed up - WHAT?? the audio quality was awesome, pretty much nothing wrong, no distortions or anything!

You only watched 40 minutes, and you are misleading other viewers who want to know if this edit is worth watching
S
smithers
(Updated: October 19, 2015) October 18, 2015
In reply to an earlier comment

If I'm not getting "in" the movie after 1/3 there is no need for me to watch it any further. I watched the original cut so that I had a good comparison concering the scenes, the pacing and other aspects.

Only one example (of many) for bridging errors, which distracted me from watching:
The first time when Superman/Karl El encounters his fathers conscience at the ship for the first time, after some minutes of dialogue it suddenly cuts to a next scene, where both are standing in a hallway talking.
For me this cut as well as others were simply too hard, removing the flow of many scenes.

You can see good video editing/cutting if you don't recognize it consciously, but I unfortunetaly did. If no one else recognized it, thats good for you. ;)

Nevertheless I also watched Agent9's Prometheus Cut and enjoyed it much more then the original cut. So I'm not here for trolling or ranting anything. I simply didn't like this version. And even if I didn't watch it until the end I have the right to review it. In my case let's call it a Preview. :)
G
gebirgskuchen
4 results - showing 1 - 4