FanFix February 27, 2014 6133
(Updated: April 01, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Man of Steel... All of the pieces for a good film are there, slightly weighed down by overly long fight sequences, and what i see as an inbalance between the importance between Jor El and Jonathan Kent

this edit makes great strides towards these mistakes, flipping the flashbacks, showing the childhood of Clark at the beginning of the film, allowing you to build an emotional connection to the character, making it matter more when he is confronted by his alien roots. this also adds more weight to the krypton sequence, as we can fully appreciate its importance. gives the film more of an emotional impact.

however i feel that all the flashbacks being put into one long sequence at the beginning is clunkier than what we originally got.

the edits are for the most part done comfortably, although there was one very noticeable audio cut when removing the tornado sequence from the cemetery. I also feel that the scene where Jor El explains the history of krypton doesn't have to jump back and forth between Clark and Krypton. it detracts from the sequence, and i think that a voice over during moments without dialogue would have made for a smoother flow. however i am no fan editor and the scene does work. one other minor niggle is that the fight sequences do drag on a bit still.

this fan edit was a wonderful re imagining of the story told, and is definitely my preferred version of the movie. thank you Avid4d, for a great edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
J
Top 500 Reviewer 11 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments