logansrun_front
FanFix May 01, 2023 993
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I came to Logan's Run through the book first, then the beautiful George Perez drawn comics adaptation Marvel did before I ever saw the film. As a result, I was always disappointed by the film because it either changed too much of what made the book's ending compelling or the SFX of the time couldn't successfully pull of key chapters like Box or the Gypsy's flying around on rocket-cycles.

SilentPete's edit has managed to fix a lot of that by leaving those sequences on the cutting room floor. Refocusing the narrative more strongly on Logan vs Francis was the wise move. Unfortunately, because I'm biased from knowing how much more complicated the book's Francis was, the ending still feels underwhelming to me, but I doubt that will be an issue for anyone who's only familar with the movie's ending, which I still find laughably bad.

Overall, the pace has been quickened by cutting the fat, resulting in the best version of the 70s Logan's Run movie possible with the available material. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who'd like to revisit the film in a more refined form.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
B
Top 100 Reviewer 55 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments