livingdaylightsspies_front
FanFix August 27, 2022 1916
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

TLD has always been my favorite Bond movie ever since I first saw it in the cinema (yes I'm old), but I was totally open for a fresh and modern take. And I wasn't disappointed. Fan-edit 'Death to Spies' made me aware for the first time how much redundant material there actually is in this movie. Felix Leiter didn't really have any significant part to play, and burning a car off it's wheels with a laser was much too Moore-ish, to name but a few examples.
OlivusPrime did an excellent job on this edit, not only with his choices, but also the execution - it was almost flawless. The new elements at the beginning and end of the main title actually blew me away - very professional and totally convincing. Just two minor points: the edit of Pushkin's 'resurrection' was maybe less than perfect, but with the available material it was probably not possible to do it better. And the romance in the ferris wheel started a bit too quick for my taste. But these are minor quibbles in a new and fresh take that I thoroughly enjoyed, and I actually prefer it now to the original - which is probably the highest compliment a fan-editor can get.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments