ladyhawkerescored_front
FanFix November 28, 2021 3779
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I have always enjoyed this movie, warts and all. It hit at the right time for me, so became a favorite. One of the the things that stood out for me making the movie fune was Broderick's performance as fourth-wall-breaking Mouse. The few slightly awkward bits have been carefully cut in this edit. The other small, yet huge, cut was the silly helmet's-eye-view segment of the climactic battle scene; I've always groaned and asked the screen "Why, Richard? Why?" Now thankfully expunged here.

Now, the huge work of this edit. The score. That has transformed the movie. Gone is the dated '80's synth heavy score and in its place is a great orchestral score that fits the sword and sorcery fantasy medieval setting. It doesn't always 100% fit the visuals, but is always close enough to work well, and often is perfect. There's several places where the visual and audio beats just hit like they were meant to go together. It's an amazing achievement getting a score for another movie to fit this one so well.

Highly recommended version of this movie.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments