Extended Edition September 27, 2020 4435
(Updated: November 25, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Technically the fanedit is from a master faneditor Bobsun Dugnutt, I didn’t notice any visual or audio hiccups and the additional scenes flowed in like fine wine and felt naturally part of the film. No complaints there.

The film is ultimately the same film here, but we get some additional context to Walt’s character, particularly his injured leg and his motivations, as well as Joni’s motivations.

Having not seen this film since watching it in theaters (twice), I had a hard time spotting the new scenes, except for the interrogation of Walt’s wife at Walt’s house, which was obviously cut as Walt’s spouse was barely in the film, now it makes more sense why this character exists. The scene isn't really necessary and it takes us away from the main house where most of the interrogations take place, which is odd. I can see why it was cut. The other scenes regarding Joni’s company are strong and actually add to the film’s intrigue and mystery.

The film is a big mystery film in the same vein like the old school Poirot films or even the new recreations via Kenneth Branagh. I’m a huge fan of mystery films like this, and Knives Out particularly is a brilliant twist, not necessarily a who-dun-it, but a why-dun-it. Lots of weaving of political themes throughout with the lovable immigrant lead character played by the gorgeous Ana De Armas. The rest of the cast is a blast as well, everyone standing out with particular honors on super sleuth Daniel Craig with his choice ridiculous accent.

At the height of the Donald Trump presidency, it’s even more obvious how much of this is a comment on the split in the American public, nods to neo Nazis, keyboard warriors, SJW college, immigration conversations, racial armchair philosophizing, and “a small loan of $1M. And yet the target sights are on both sides of the political spectrum. Tons of red herrings along the way showing that no matter where they may be on politics, that greed will overrun all in this spoiled family (children, grandchildren, children-in-law, or even hired assistants). The only one of them that’s selfless is the lead character Marta, and it makes us want to cheer her on.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments