FanFix June 18, 2022 4112
(Updated: June 19, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I have a strong feeling this edit is going to be divisive, as all Snyder related things seem to be. However. For me, this was the most fun I've had watching this movie.

Rather than work from the Snyder Cut as a base, this version of the movie really embraces what was good about the theatrical cut. It's lighter, faster paced, fun and character driven.

The reorganizing do the first act worked incredibly well for me, probably the best version that exists of this chunk of the movie. I thought all the characters played well and felt more in tone with the comic book versions.

My only gripe is the "needle drops" throughout, though I would chalk this more to my personal preferences than anything inherently wrong with the edit. I just found the insertion of known music to be a little too much for me at times. It leans into the "James Gunn" music style, which I'm not the biggest fan of. However. These moments were edited perfectly well and handled with care, so I don't knock any points for that.

Overall, I thought this was a really cool edit and a great version of the film. If you're a Snyder purist stay away, but if you're intrigued by a light, fun superhero team up movie, I think you'll be very impressed!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments