jlremixed_front
FanFix June 22, 2021 5832
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I really enjoyed this edit, so much so that I believe this is the ultimate cut over the theatrical and Zack Snyder's cut. Given the fact that Cyborg isn't going to come back in the future and neither is his dad in the theatrical cut, this might as well be canon at this point. I never really liked Zack Snyder as a storyteller but respect him as a good director in terms of visual effects and action scenes like Michael Bay. But Snyder at least has more artistry and ambitions in his movies overall with some good dramatic scenes here and there but after the success of "300", I feel he's been given too much creative control that the potential in his movies is usually lost and ruined that they need another edit or fan edit in this case to fix it. Thankfully this version does the job very keeping the movie very tight and focused on the story whilst also balancing the movie's dark and gritty tone(which is known to have too much even for a superhero movie). My only complaint is really the sometimes very obvious transition between the theatrical and director's cut which is even more noticeable in the beginning and end of the movie such as the quality from both versions with the theatrical cut's resolution looking lower than the latter but nonetheless, this fan edit does a great and straight-forward job getting to the main story without all that filler while enjoying the best of both movies at the same time.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply October 12, 2022

" such as the quality from both versions with the theatrical cut's resolution looking lower than the latter"

Well, in fact, it's the other way around.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 2

Comments