Justice League RebornFeatured
In short: If you liked Justice League and want it to look a little bit more like the previous films and has less out of place humor, then this is the cut for you.
- Batman v Superman original score
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate edition
- Justice League Trailer 1
- Justice League Comic Con trailer
- Justice League Heroes trailer
- Bonus scene: The return of superman
- Heroes by Gang of Youths
- 720p with stereo audio
- Cut the opening superman scene (moved the audio of the scene to the credits. I thought the exchange in the scene itself was fine, the problem was the way the scene looked This way it is and it isn’t still in the film)
- Cut the criminal jumping into frame and asking questions while batman is investigating the parademons in the opening batman scene
- Cut out “can you point me the way to atlantis” in the Aquaman/Batman first meet scene
- Cut the awkward green screen shot with Aquaman standing in the water
- Re-edited the moment Aquaman jumps into water
- Cut down the alien stole my husband scene
- Rescored the Lois/Martha scene with “Lois & Clark’s emotional theme” from Man of Steel
- Cut out the thirstiest reporter joke in the Martha/Lois scene
- Cut out the brunch joke in the Batman/Flash first meet scene
- Added BvS cyborg footage when Wonder Woman is investigating Luthor’s files
- Replaced the shot of Aquaman floating in the water with the comic-con trailer
- Cut down the Russian family scene 1
- Replaced the shot of batman standing on the gargoyle with the comic-con trailer
- Cut out “I didn’t bring a sword” and replaced it with “My turn” from Justice League trailer 1
- Cut out “Jesus he is tall”
- Cut out Flash falling on Wonder Woman’s chest
- Replaced the cyborg shot in the nightcrawler with the Comic con trailer
- Added Gordon’s line “Playing well with others AGAIN”
- Added the shot facing Gordon and Batman in the “dressed like a bat scene” from comic con trailer
- Cut out the Russian family scene 2
- Added the man of steel piano notes when Superman sees his monument
- Cut out “Kal el no!” from Wonder woman in the Superman vs the league scene
- Cut out “Something is definitely bleeding”
- Cut out “Itchy”
- Added the “ring” scene from the Heroes trailer
- Rescored the Lois/Clark/Martha reunion scene with an unused track from the man of steel score
- Cut out the Russian family scene 3
- Added the bonus scene
- Cut down the Russian family scene 4
- Cut out the “ooh snap” line from the flash
- Replaced the shot of the awkward smile batman gives
- Cut down the “I don’t not…” exchange between batman and superman
- Cut out “This is definitely east” form the flash
- Cut out the shot where Batman is so incredibly concerned if “Clark!” is still alive
- Cut out “I can feel my toes” scene
- Rescored the final montage with a variation of “What are you going to do when you are not saving the world”
- Cut out superman flying up in the sky
- Added the audio of the superman phone footage after Come Together by Gary Clark Jr
- Added Heroes by gangs of youth after the Superman phone footage audio clip
Really enjoyed what you did here. Great editing and re-working of scenes. The time flew by which I can't say happened when i watched the original! Thanks!
A fantastic fanedit. I highly recommend this it.
Justice League Reborn greatly streamlines the problematic theatrical cut easily surpasses it. A lot of cheesy moments are gone, the score fits better, and the deleted scenes add a lot of substance to the film.
Great job, JLfanedit!
I wholeheartedly enjoyed this cut. I no longer need to eagerly wait for the Snyder Cut.
Leaps better than the theatrical cut. Audio transistions were very smooth and allowed for seamless bridging of the deleted scenes, there were a few abrupt points that have been mentioned already, but some of that was not due to the editor's fault. Overall JL isn't a bad movie, but neither is it a remarkable one. The new footage makes it a unique and pleasant watch however...and sometimes in a world where (IMO) mediocre joke-ridden Marvel movies with no soul to them are hailed as masterpieces, sometimes a genuine passable serious DC film with an optimistic tone can be a resounding breath of fresh air.
Before I begin; this is much better than the theatrical version of Justice League. I do recommend this if you want a better version.
The audio sounded fine, no unusual pops or jarring cracks from editing. Not many anyway. A few bits of cut dialog sounded odd, but I can't describe it. For instance, near the beginning of the movie, when Alfred tells Batman he "doesn't recognize this world", I'm fairly sure a line was removed, which leads a jarring sentence "Ah yes, we have his address" or something of the sort. It didn't flow well. Small things like this, nothing that took away my enjoyment, and nothing a quick touch-up wouldn't fix.
The visual editing is much better, none of the scenes stood out to me. There were a few times where it was obvious the scene was meant to be longer, or a shot was meant to hang a little longer than it was in this cut, but again, it wasn't something that lowered my enjoyment at all. Overall, for a first edit, this was very well made.
The narrative is still fine. On paper, the story works and is unique enough from other superhero flicks that it engages you and makes you overlook the cheap CG and the tired acting of Affleck and Momoa. Overall, the editor did not tamper too much with it, and that is a big kudos. Too many people feel like they need to change around the entire story, and it shows restraint when you can manage to streamline it instead.
Enjoyment is going to be lower (as I suspect with a lot of later reviews), for the simple fact that no edit can change this much disappointment. A poor follow-up to Batman v Superman: Ultimate Cut, and 2017's Wonder Woman film. But, the editor has succeeded in making a version I can honestly say was better than the original. Unfortunately I feel like there was a lot that could have been trimmed from this still to make it truly Reborn.
I 100% recommend this if you have or have not seen Justice League already, no matter what faults I had with the edit.
QUICK UPDATE: I incorrectly marked A/V quality as 7. I meant to have that as a 9 and have edited accordingly. Movie looked great!