FanFix July 20, 2016 15306
(Updated: October 06, 2016)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I was an on-the-fence fan with Jurassic World when I saw it in theaters. Here were my main pros and cons:

Pros: Chris Pratt (as ALWAYS), Bryce Dallas Howard in the last third of the movie, the special effects, some of the Jurassic Park nods.

Cons: The kids and their parents divorce (who cares??), Vincent D'Onofrio's turning raptors into weapons nonsense (um really?!?), Claire in the first two-thirds of the movie, the 'let's throw in the kitchen sink' approach to the movie.

What ironman23 did with this movie has been kind of unbelievable. He cut out the kids' backstory and tightened up their bond, improved the movie's pacing, COMPLETELY removed Vincent D'Onofrio (who I love in most movies/shows) and his stupid bad guy story, and even cut out some extreme silliness with Pratt and Howard to make their 'romance' more believable. The last part isn't totally perfect but at least now you see them go from bickering to surviving a scary ordeal to having some feelings there-- not the grab and kiss we're in love b.s. Nice editing there!

And even though the movie is now an hour and 40 mins it still plays like a full two-hour blockbuster. Great job! I can't wait to see future edits from him!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
March 21, 2017
I actually agree with the "Raptor military" subplot. It is stupid from a logical point of view, that Man always has the desire to weaponize and profit from everything. Therein lies the irony, that as usual, nature will once again prevail over Man's stupidity and its continuous , almost incapability, to never learn from past mistakes.

Best regards anakin5kywalker =)
S
sistros
1 results - showing 1 - 1