Jurassic World: Blockbuster EditionFeatured
- Deleted scene
- A new opening was created that quickly introduces us to important characters and the dinosaurs right off the bat and launches us back into the universe.
- Cut the first control room scene. While I appreciate the self awareness present and the fun humor, it doesn't really add anything meaty or useful overall.
- As stated earlier, every single subplot (the parents divorce, raptors joining our nations finest under the command of Vincent D’nofrio, the romance between Claire and Owen) including certain characters (the parents and Hoskins) are now gone.
- New siren SFX for the pterodactyl attack for a more (what else?) ominous and atmospheric feeling.
- The original T rex roar was brought back to give a more triumphant finale after her battle with the I-Rex.
- Placed the classic JP theme in the end credits because why not?
08-07-2016, 01:45 PM (forgot to post the review here)
Hello my friend =) I've just finished watching your edit and i like it a lot in general =) although I must add a few remarks/suggestions:
- When Claire and her boss visit the Indominus's paddock, when there is the transition for the other scene we can see a bit of a forest for a few seconds. It needs a little trimming there. 00:13:51 to 00:13:56.
- I would add some sort of sound when the female Rex eats the goat, it would be Great! Also mixing a slight T-Rex sounds to the Indominus, since it has Rex DNA, would not be bad I think, It already has Raptor's sound into it, revealed later in that crucial moment when It communicates with them.
- When Owen and Claire go after her nephews and they see a lot of dead Brontosaurus, I wouldn't remove the line "It didn't eat them. It is killing for sport" It would show us that this beast is really, really dangerous and we won't notice that "jump cut" there where you deleted the line.
- I would not entirely remove the "military subplot" behind the Raptors and the Indominus. It shows us that there is something more nastier/major plot going "behind the scenes" and that Henry and Hoskins are corrupts if not villains.
Trimming and cutting here and there YES but removing it all entirely NO, in fact, Henry boarding the chopper with DNA samples gives a hint that this is not over yet, if there is to be another film...
It would also solve that "not so good" rearrangement scene that you did when Owen, Claire and the boys try to go to the lab and you gave a sense that the Raptors pulled out a trap for them. And I personally like to see that son of a bitch being killed by Delta LOL.
- I loved the color correction, the parents subplot removed, control center's stupid comic moments, THE MUSIC (GREAT WORK), the siren when the Pterodactyls attack, The roars and finale MIGHTY ROAR of our beloved female Rex, GREAT WOOORRKKKK too!!!!
I think a covered pretty much all of it. If you make a version 2.8 or 3 lol I would be most thrilled to see how it would look like then.
But in overall I enjoyed it and it feels more like the other Jurassics, especially the first movie =)
Thanks IronMan, for sharing with me. Hug
Another great edit by ironman23.
I've always been a fan of Jurassic Park and enjoyed the new instalment, but ironman made it even better. The cliches subplots are gone, the crazy militarization stuff also gone. It's a nicer movie now with a better pacing and more believable characters. And the music, ah the music, it give us a great feeling.
It seems that nowadays it is trend, that the films must last as much as possible,Jurassic World is a film that was clearly made to last 1 hour and a half, but then they decided to add a boring divorce subplot, '' militarize the Raptors'' (Whaaaaaaats?) And a romance that adds so little to history that it seems As if the actors had improvised and the director would have laughed to film the scene again.
Ironman23 has built a new narrative, removed all the boring elements of the movie and even adding a couple of winks to the original (I love listening the Jurassic Park theme again !!!)
I really think that for the most part this edition worked perfectly, I guess my only problem is that as stated below, the character of the CEO of Jurassic World, always changes his motivation to advance the plot, Now it's like the first movie ?. Hell, no. But he did not need to be. It's just a monster movie of entertainment and popcorn.
It is a vast improvement over the original movie. I would lie if I said I miss something or notice that something was gone ..
I was an on-the-fence fan with Jurassic World when I saw it in theaters. Here were my main pros and cons:
Pros: Chris Pratt (as ALWAYS), Bryce Dallas Howard in the last third of the movie, the special effects, some of the Jurassic Park nods.
Cons: The kids and their parents divorce (who cares??), Vincent D'Onofrio's turning raptors into weapons nonsense (um really?!?), Claire in the first two-thirds of the movie, the 'let's throw in the kitchen sink' approach to the movie.
What ironman23 did with this movie has been kind of unbelievable. He cut out the kids' backstory and tightened up their bond, improved the movie's pacing, COMPLETELY removed Vincent D'Onofrio (who I love in most movies/shows) and his stupid bad guy story, and even cut out some extreme silliness with Pratt and Howard to make their 'romance' more believable. The last part isn't totally perfect but at least now you see them go from bickering to surviving a scary ordeal to having some feelings there-- not the grab and kiss we're in love b.s. Nice editing there!
And even though the movie is now an hour and 40 mins it still plays like a full two-hour blockbuster. Great job! I can't wait to see future edits from him!
The pacing's improved. And while watching this edit, I found myself rooting less for Team Dinosaur and more for Team Humanity, so kudos to the editor for whittling away at the original's silly subplots and whaddafuq dialogue.
Video quality: There's significant blocking throughout the edit. It's still watchable, though.
Thanks to ironman23 for making Jurassic World much more enjoyable!