FanMix January 26, 2017 8163
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Excellent job. Took out most of the boring Perkins stuff, which was a great move since it didn't help the movie at all. Loved the new titles and how it slides right into the death of his wife instead of making most of the movie a flashback. It was action-action-action. The black and white gave it a different view, which I think would very nicely.

Minor issues: First, there were a few fade outs that seemed more like tv fade outs, if that makes sense. Second, I thought it ended too quickly. I thought taking out the opening of the movie(the aftermath) was a good idea, but I would have shown had a few seconds of it at the end, as a breather for John and for him to reflect on why he went though all that he did. He he walks away and gets a new dog. Third, a tiny more Ian McShane would have shown why he would help John later.

If you love the original cut, you've watched it a few times already, so this is a nice, different cut when you don't want to sit through some of the slow stuff in the original. Great job!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
E
Top 1000 Reviewer 3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments