it_afilm_front
FanMix July 01, 2021 8467
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Let me get this straight right from the start. This is a masterpiece! A true MASTERPIECE! I cannot even fathom the amount of work and devotion spent by Paulisdead to pull this off. For a long time I was just looking for a fan-edit that could save Chapter 2 from mediocrity and I've now found an almost definitive adaptation of the book. And that "almost" part is not even the editor's fault. More like the original source's which strayed in a number of occasions (mainly in Chapter 2) from the source material a little too much.

The pacing issues I had with Chapter 2, now that the two parts are integrated into one film, are gone. The "jokey" parts of Chapter 2 also gone, either because the were completely cut or because the feeling is completely different with the right twists (yes, I'm looking at that 'Eddie is choking the leper' scene!). The cuts between the two timelines are phenomenal and logical - I especially want to congratulate Paulisdead for his series of INGENIOUS cuts during the two final battles with Pennywise, as the action comes back and forth constantly. That was some masterful editing and I cannot imagine that anyone who's not familiar with the two films would ever believe that this isn't the original cut. The subtle, additional nods to the book (Für Elise) makes it an even better experience.

All in all, this is fan-editing at its very best. Whether you were looking for a bookish cut of the two films or you just liked Chapter 1 and were disappointed by Chapter 2, this is a must watch for you.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments