it_afilm_front
FanMix July 01, 2021 8601
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

While long, this is an enjoyable weekend watch. I've never read the book, but I did watch the movies. I generally liked both but found this structure to be significantly more gripping and engaging.

A music cue or two felt like it needs a bit of EQ as we went from room to room - this will better indicate the audio traveling through space/separated by walls from our subjective audio perspective. I remember the volume dropping - that in tandem with adding a low pass will give it a muffled through the walls sound.

There are places where the titles seem to pop up too frequently or are otherwise distracting. Maybe places them on black or, better yet, a paper/book texture?

I thought the closing note about where and how long it took to write the book was very cool. I'd love to see more touches throughout that speaks to this being the book.

Other than that, I'd love to see an abridged version of this edit as some beats become repetitive.

That's all I have to say. Great edit! Thanks very much Paulisdead2221. I highly recommend it to anyone who found the separated timelines wanting and has 4+ hrs :D

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments