FanMix January 19, 2021 5504
(Updated: May 10, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I'm not a big fan of this cut mainly due to Ragnarok and its tone clashing with the tones of Infinity War and Endgame scenes. It also didn't help the film removed a ton of the Non-Thor Avenger scenes which hurt it in my opinion due to continuity issues and questions never explained.
Granted, it's just my personal opinion since everything else is well done for the most part.
The editing and audio editing, for example, were great and seemly for the most part.
There are some kinks in the editing, for example the ending scene from Ragnarok switching to infinity war felt odd since it was just used a shot of the Starlord and Gamora kissing before switching back to the beginning of the scene. It felt odd but was probably the best he can do since they forgot to show the fight in the first place in the actual film.
If you love or like Ragnarok and want more Thor, you may enjoy this edit a lot more than me.
But if you don't like Ragnarok, You shouldn't really be watching this...

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 4

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
(Updated: January 29, 2021) January 29, 2021
I haven't watched this yet, but I'm curious about the narrative score you gave. Enjoyment is purely subjective, but the narrative score is usually based on some technical aspects. A score that low would make me think that the narrative has no coherent flow and leaves the viewer confused about what is happening. Could you share more about your score of 3 out of 10 in that area?
D
digmodification
(Updated: February 04, 2021) February 04, 2021
I'd ignore the dislikes dude, they did the same with me when I dared critique the first half for still being the terrible movie it actually is. I respect your score even if I'd rank it just a bit higher. The edit is fine and the second half is still great
Z
zarius
February 04, 2021
"Was this review helpful?"
Thor: Ragnarok fans- "No, it didn't like my movie! Any reasons for not liking Ragnarok are BS! It is a barrel of laughs and any edit using its material must also receive hi-marks across the board!"
<hammers thumbs down furiously>
Everyone else- "Hmm, this guy didn't like Ragnarok much and explained how that material did and didn't work in this edit. Pretty useful."
<calmly presses thumbs up while drinking their coffee>
M
mnkykungfu
May 10, 2023
@digmodification Though it was a while since I watched this, from what I remember, it was mainly due to the inconsistent tone and the cutting of non-Sakaaran scenes and non-Thor centric scenes, which hurt the Infinity War portion as the film wasn't meant to be combined in the way FanMix wanted to since it was an Avenger film and leads to more questions than answers.
While he did his best, I personally don't think it worked for me.
C
ccateni
4 results - showing 1 - 4