9.0 24 10
(Updated: June 03, 2017)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I loved TEMPLE OF DOOM as much as the other Indiana Jones movies growing up, but now as an adult, the flaws in it have become more apparent. The massive amounts of blood and gore seem more appropriate for an R-rated horror movie, while Short Round goes too far the opposite direction tonally, seeming like something out of a kids' movie. And don't even get me started on Willie Scott.

Infodroid has created an edit that mercifully removes much of the most embarrassing moments from the film. However, he leaves in some moments that are just as annoying as the ones he took out. And he cut some scenes that I really liked. It's not a matter of him doing it wrong so much as my taste differs from his on those points.

Some people disagreed with Infodroid on removing some of the gore from this movie. I wholeheartedly support it. I think that the Indiana Jones movies should be able to enjoyed by kids at least 10 years old and up, since that's the age I was (when I watched the TV versions), and this cut makes the film more in line tonally with the other Indy films.

This isn't a definitive version for me, but if you've watched TEMPLE OF DOOM a number of times, you owe it to yourself to see this alternate version.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments