Review Detail

8.8 16 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. A lot of people don't like it. I do.

That being said there are a few things about it that I don't like. Too much CGI, misplaced humor, and the fact that it doesn't really look like the other movies.

Q2 fixes all of these problems, for the most part. CGI is down to a reasonable amount and so is the humor. Problem is that there are a few quick shots because of this (notably a number in the scene in the bed of the truck), and a moment where the aspect ratio changes (Mutt jumps from one car to the other). Also, while the coloring looks a lot more like the others, at some points it seems as if there's almost too much of a greenish-turquoise tint to it; and I don't believe there is anyway to get rid of all that glowing.

I think the biggest problem with KOTCS, though, is that it feels generally unfocused. This is especially true in the film's third act. Unfortunately, there is really nothing that can be done to fix this.

There are some editing choices I don't agree with. For example, I've always liked the fridge scene, but, to Q2's credit, thinking back to the film, the fridge scene seems like it would be extremely out of place. Another scene that I quite liked was when the motorcycle went through the library. This was over-the-top, yes, but sorely missing here. The library scene made the chase fun and original. Also, without the library scene, we never get the Wilhelm scream (which is unacceptable), and we miss one of the best exchanges in the film, between Indy and the student.

On the other hand, there are some things that should have been cut that weren't - "you don't know him immediately comes to mind."

Overall, though, very entertaining. I would also like to note how greatly Henry Sr. is dealt with. Quite poignant, if you ask me. Anyways, I give INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL - THE ESSENTIAL EDITION 8/10.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments