Review Detail

8.8 16 10
(Updated: September 12, 2012)
Enjoyment

February 25, 2010

Thanks for this edit!!!

First of all: I watched it on my laptop, so all I can say about picture and sound quality is that on my notebook it seemed good.

This is not an edit that tries to give a new structure to the film, so all the flaws in that department are still in the movie. However, the editor tries to improve the flow and tries to remove as much dumb elements as possible. While I was a big fan of the library chase, the other stuff he cut is fine by me, and the first 50 minutes or so (until Indy and Mutt get captured by the Russians) actually plays like a classic Indy film. Up to this point I was quite fine with the original, too. From there on, the flaws and silly moments of the original movie are much too prevalent to be edited out completely. This edit does a nice job of getting rid of many embarrassing things, like Karen Allen still holding the wheel after dropping down the waterfall, and the ill-advised Tarzan moment.

With a lot of stuff gone, I noticed only one awkaward moment, editing-wise: The descent down the waterfalls plays much too quickly now, you realize that there is something missing (I did, anyway). As this is the result of the removal of so many dumb moments that it almost killed my interest in the movie altogether, I can live with the edit – all things come at a price.

Throughout the whole movie, the removal of unnecessary dialogue and dysfunctional humour results in a much more enjoyable movie. All in all this version absolutely does what it is supposed to do – improving Indy4 without restructuring it and turning it into something new.
D
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments