eventhorizon_front.jpg
FanMix December 18, 2014 6427
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The beginning is really strong, the visual effects work is incredible, near seamlessly combining 2 movies in editing, great pacing, but I found the story kinda lacking. I thought more parallels between the stories would be featured. The vibe I got initially was that Weir's backstory was a subtle clue at Trent's backstory. Both characters being driven to the point of obsession to not see that they were walking into a snare. I think the Event Horizon plot should have had a far bigger role in the edit. The scene explaining how the EH folds space could have been a really cool narrative element. *SPOILERS FOR EVENT HORIZON AND IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS* Maybe there could have been an implication that Sutter Cane had to write a story to manipulate reality. The ITMOM stuff was the real world and the Event Horizon stuff could have been a parallel narrative, and the only way the elder gods can enter our world is if the Event Horizon tears apart the fabric of reality. I know it's easier said than done and I'm sure that this might have been an intention on Rollwave's part but showing more of the Event Horizon story could have communicated this idea. Killer Horizon is a great edit of Event Horizon, you could still make it work since it's a very brisk edit and makes Weir the protagonist of Killer Horizon. I think incorporating ideas from that edit could really bring this idea home.

Periodically throughout this edit I got the idea that this was the case, it clicked for me. Weir missing Claire, and Trent being visibly affected by this vision, kinda like Nocturnal Animals. Fiction being a reflection of reality, and where those lines blur. I'm not trying to shit on RollWaves. The amount of work they put in is amazing, I was blown away. I just felt like the narrative potential wasn't 100% realized. I just hope this review was constructive, please don't stop making edits

User Review

Format Watched?
Digital
S
Top 1000 Reviewer 4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments