eventhorizon_front.jpg
FanMix December 18, 2014 6428
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The wait is over, I finally got a hold of this. I enjoyed the original, In the Mouth of Madness, which this edit is largely based upon, however I found Event Horizon to be a fairly weak film with but with great visuals and horror moments. Therefore, I was very intrigued by the idea behind this fanedit, which essentially replaces the dreams and "in-book scenes" from ItMoM with scenes from Event Horizon. The end result is remarkable. The chosen scenes flow suprisingly well within the narrative of ItMoM; the placement of these scenes was very well chosen. I won't spoil anything here. The editing on display here is highly skillful, much more so than you get from most fanedits, as it is not simply a case of ItMoM playing for a while, then switching to Event Horizon, and then back - but rather, scenes and imagery from Event Horizon is actually edited into ItMoM so that the final product feels like a single unified work.

One very minor point, at 1hr 27, the cinema scene of Trent waking up is the original and not the Event Horizon replacement. But that only lasts for a moment.

Overall, I have been looking forward to watching this edit for a number of years, and can safely say the hype paid off. Thank you to That One Guy for sharing this, and thank you to RollWave for making such an impressive piece of work. It's a shame he's not around these boards anymore as both this and The Boy Who Never Lived are very technically impressive and I'd be fascinated to see what else he could make.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments