Review Detail

7.6 9 10
FanFix August 21, 2012 3621
(Updated: September 15, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by Ripplin — January 15, 2008 @ 11:34 pm

I am one of the few, it seems, that liked the original version of the movie. Loved, no, but liked, yes. It definitely had some great moments, though my problem was the pacing, which would slow to a crawl at times. With the excellent new narrative added to this edit, it keeps things tighter while still making everything perfectly understandable.

Despite what some have said, I personally have no problem with the length of it. So what if it seemed more like a pilot episode for a TV show than a movie if you didn’t like the movie much in the first place? ;) I probably would have cut quite a bit of content myself, though there are some things I definitely would have left in, such as Hulk bending the barrel on the tank until it pointed at the soldier’s face. That was a pure laugh out loud moment for me during a movie that is pretty gloomy overall.

The only negatives were the low audio and some scenes that were incredibly dark. Overall, though, I thoroughly enjoyed this edit and would recommend it to anyone, especially those who may be turned off of the movie, some of whom may not have even watched it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments