FanMix October 07, 2022 1107
(Updated: October 18, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is not really a movie I would have thought needed a fan edit. The theatrical cut is very well done, and in most cases, history has shown that Ridley Scott films benefit from a longer runtime. The structure in which the theatrical cut is told is very interesting. It reminded me a lot of Vantage Point where the audience is given separate accounts/versions of what took place. I think this was mostly effective but I did feel the film suffered pacing issues because of it. During each account new details are presented, but some of the events that are revisited only differ in minor details that really don't add much to the overall narrative of the story. That might be interesting for some, but for me, it made the runtime feel a little too long.

This edit solves that issue as there is one way any certain incident is presented. By doing this, the movie flows at a steady pace and the overall theme is still present while removing any feelings of being misled or manipulated which can sometimes result when multiple versions are shown to an audience for a given event.

Overall I really enjoyed this edit. The editing is all seamless and the color grading is a nice addition. If you are fan of this movie, I highly recommend the Chronological Cut.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Z
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments