FanFix April 19, 2019 11011
(Updated: May 24, 2020)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

DonKamillo belongs up there with the studios. I watched the movie format and this cut vastly improves on the theatrical releases. It has the right amount of action. The original had so much fighting going on I'm just zoned out when it came to the battle at the end. This one trims it down so it's more climactic at the battle of the five armies. This movie will always be a CGI mess but oh well. This edit is almost perfect. I personally prefer to forget that I'm watching a fanedit so I prefer edits to make it less obvious. For example, Paramount being replaced with 'Anti-Cringe' and the fanedit credit coming up first in the credits (I suggest moving it to the middle of the credits or at the end.) It raises questions from someone that I'm watching it with that doesn't know it's a fanedit. I like to have the people I'm watching with unaware so that they watch the movie naturally and aren't thinking about the editing or any changes made. In general people enjoy & care about the movie a lot more than they normally would and it's pretty great. Again, this is a great cut and lets Peter Jackson's good intentions shine through.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments