8.9 12 10
FanFix June 17, 2014 2960
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I have just finished watching this edit, and I must say I am very impressed.

The audio and video quality is very good, encoding is very smooth, no stutter or jerkiness any where. The audio volume is slightly on the low side but it still crisp an clear.

Visual editing is excellent, all cuts, transitions and blends are smooth.

Audio editing is good, no volume change between scenes, nothing out of sync.

Narrative - I think this is the best part of the edit. It is well paced, and the story flows seamlessly.
For any one who has not seen the original film and read the book, this would be a complete and highly entertaining film, for Tolkien diehard fans like myself, we would probably like to cut out some more and see the purist edit; however having said that, it should not detract from the quality of this edit, Kudos to ranger :-)

Enjoyment: I gave this edit a 10 for a very simple reason, I enjoyed it much more than the theatrical cut, simple as that ;-)

I highly recommend this edit for any one looking to spend two hours with a very good movie.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply June 24, 2014

Hasmak, thank you very much for the support. I am glad you enjoyed this edit and look forward to having you watch the purist cut. In the mean time, I'm going to check out the Adventures of Tom Bombadil, per your recommendation :)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments