Hobbit: Bloat Free Edition, TheFeatured
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Royalty Free sound effects
- Radagast / Gandalf / White Council / High Fells / Dol Guldur / Sauron
- Stone Giants
- Tauriel / Kili / Legolas love triangle
- Kili’s injury
- Dwarves vs Smaug
- Legolas / Tauriel / Gundabad
The following are the Extended Edition scenes which remain in the film:
- 'The Last Homely House'
- 'The Great Goblin'
- 'Queer Lodgings'
- Dwarves vs Elves (from 'Dáin Ironfoot')
- 'The War Chariot'
- 'King Under the Mountain'
You can read in detail about all the changes on the official reddit post over on r/thehobbit. Just Google 'The Hobbit: Bloat Free Edition'.
This cut was put together very professionally and was quite enjoyable. But for something calling itself the "Bloat Free Edition" there was still quite a bit of bloat. Most of the bloat comes in the Battle of the Five Armies. There are a few moments and scenes peppered throughout the rest of the movie that I could have done without, but the battle is far too long and preserves many of its most ridiculous moments.
I actually had never watched the extended version BotFA, so this cut was my first exposure to a lot of that footage. I found myself simultaneously shaking my head at how over the top it was AND having a good time. It's definitely a lot of fun. But I want my Middle Earth movies to feel grounded. There was so much focus in LotR to making it feel like a real place filled with real people and real history. This cut could benefit a lot from trimming back some of the more cartooney moments in order to make feel real.