Hobbit: Battle for the Lonely Mountain, TheFeatured
Spence for his wonderful edit.
- Cut all the silly stuff.
- Make it focused on Bilbo as much as possible.
- New opening scene (since Smaug's death was at the end of my prequel edit) including alternative music.
- Alfrid cut entirely. My prequel edit sort of implies he died during Smaug's attack on Laketown.
- Legolas and Tauriel appear only towards the end to warn about the second Orc army. Where were they all this time? Scouting the region, probably.
- Bard doesn't ride on a carriage through the streets of Dale
- Cut scene of Bifur losing his axe.
- Ride to Ravenhill trimmed
- Legolas doesn't fly with bats and doesn't ride on a Troll.
- Alternative Ravenhill fight sequence
- Legolas doesn't fight Bolg. In the prequel edit I cut out the Orcs' attack on Laketown, so Legolas vs. Bolg is not a thing anymore.
- Fight between Thorin and Azog is without iterruptions. Acknowledgement should go to the Spence edit for this cut.
- Thranduil doesn't share scenes with neither Tauriel or Legolas
- Restored Gandalf's eulogy at Thorin's funeral.
Belgarath does it again with the third and final entry in the Hobbit trilogy.
Just as with The Last Light, this fanedit provides a story focused experience. Having dealt with the most appartent threat before starting this edit, it can move forward to the actual battle. And what a battle we get to enjoy between all the armies involved.
Again, I am a bit dissapointed that Legolas wasn't removed completely, but its a minor complaint since removing him would have meant removing Tauriel.
Regretfully, this edit continues the trend to release audio tracks in 2.0 only. A/V Quality points are deducted as per my personal policy.
At the end of the day a worthy replacement for the original release.