Highlander 2 Renegade Serious Edition
- Removed most of dialogue with two henchmen now they are told to go to earth and kill Connor then they leave with no silly laughing.
- Removed more more laughing when two henchmen find Connor and joined the ‘MaCleod’ line to what was left to flesh it out slightly also removed the ‘lucky guess’ line as it is now redundent.
- Removed dumb and whiney ‘let me have him, but i want him, its my turn’ lines
- Removed closeup of henchman laughing after shooting at Connor on metal stairs.
- Removed police car arriving and then being blown up by 1 shot from henchmans gun and more laughing. makes fight scene flow much better
- Removed a small laughing scene after Connor gets hit by the back of the truck. didnt remove all the laughter as henchman thinks Connor is dead so is justified in laughing a little bit. also helps with continuity a bit.
- Removed stupid comedy scene where tramp asks for a light from flying henchman and gets blown to smithereens.
- Removed ‘shithead’ from Ramirez’s ‘farewall shithead’ line.
- Removed Connor/Louise sex scene it now looks like they just kiss.
- Removed another shithead line after a punk congratulates ramirez on his ‘threads’
- Removed the ‘Psychic Cook’ TV ad.
- Removed Katanas ‘this sure doesn’t look like kansas’ line and the silly split screen tv/Katana shot of the punk looking at him. now Katana just looks at the punk and then grabs him.
- Subway train sequence heavily cut to slow it down to a more sensible speed ie 140mph, all scenes of people flying around in the coach have been removed. (really really pleased with how this came out)
- Taxi scene heavily edited to remove stupid/redundent dialogue
- 16 Drunk woman and plane safety video removed.
- Removed Ramirez’s introduction line from the MAX entrance. now Connor just asks which direction vegas is.
- Removed Louise's ‘outstanding’ line after Katana is run over, it was just plain dumb.
- Removed the ‘always play the favourite’ line cos again it was stupid.
- Removed Katanas ‘then again maybe not’ line after killing David Blake. He wouldn't of cared what Blake thought.
- Added the Connor/Louise/soldier fight on the way to the control room.
December 7, 2010
Sorry, but I thought this was an underachiever, both artistically and technically. Artistically, because you left a whole lot of cheese and silliness in, that could have easily been removed (the suiting up montage! Can’t believe you left that in), or trimmed, or toned down. At 104 minutes this still feels padded. And technically because the video quality is very mediocre (I watched the DVD and it looked like xvid), with at least a couple of export video glitches, and a stray frame at 56:23. The audio presents the awkward silences others have mentioned, plus it appears to go out of sync circa the 78 minutes mark (this might have been my player’s fault, not sure).
On the bright side, this went the right path by removing a lot of garbage, even if it didn’t go all the way. I dig the idea of this edit, even if the movie itself will still be bad no matter what’s done to it. I’d like n0march to consider the possibility of making an improved 2.0 version. Untill then, I’m afraid I can’t rate this higher than 4/10.
November 16, 2008
Congratulations on this great piece of work, if only *this* movie had been released back in 1991 i think i would still be such a big fan of Highlander as i was before “The Quickening” (and dont even get me started on the following sequels).
I believe your version 2 would be just perfect if the few audio glitches were gone, a few silences throughout the movie kind of hurt the pace and the viewers attention.