Review Detail

8.5 29 10
FanFix August 07, 2012 7169
(Updated: September 13, 2012)
Enjoyment

Rock Savage Nov 8 2008

I did not mind the original theatrical cut yet nothing really stayed with me. Reeves and Weisz are charismatic actors so the experience was enjoyable and far from boring.

Jorge is one of my favorite FanEditors. Rather than simply correcting movies, he tries to inject a new narrative and his FanEdits are always challenging, seamless and exceptionally professional. He also has a great talent for creating striking titles.

So I watched Hellblazer and was impressed yet again with this editing wizard. This version is hands-down better than the original and I missed absolutely nothing from the Theatrical cut.
I liked the addition of Constantine having a demon F**k-Buddy and this added depth to a later scene were we see her again.

This FanEdit proves the possibilities of this medium because Jorge has produced something with far more subtelty and depth than the original incarnation. It is hard to comment on any changes in particular because the editing and sound design are so flawless that they are not noticeable so the FanEdit feels at one with itself.

Well Done and Keep Them Coming!
R
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments